Book Title: Cognitive Therapy Techniques, Second Edition: A Practitioner's Guide
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Author: Robert L. Leahy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Second Edition: Basics and Beyond
- Treatment Plans and Interventions for Depression and Anxiety Disorders, 2e (Treatment Plans and Interventions for Evidence-Based Psychotherapy)
- CBT Worksheets: CBT Worksheets for CBT therapists in training: Formulation worksheets, Padesky hot cross bun worksheets, thought records, thought ... worksheets and CBT handouts all in one book.
- The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner: Includes DSM-5 Updates
- The CBT Toolbox: A Workbook for Clients and Clinicians
- Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders, Fifth Edition: A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual
- Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition (Applications of Motivational Interviewing)
- Learning Cognitive-behavior Therapy: An Illustrated Guide (Core Competencies in Psychotherapy) (Core Competencies in Phychotherapy)
- Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work, Second Edition: Clinical Process for New Practitioners
- Socio-Emotional Relationship Therapy: Bridging Emotion, Societal Context, and Couple Interaction (AFTA SpringerBriefs in Family Therapy)
This indispensable book has given many tens of thousands of practitioners a wealth of evidence-based tools for maximizing the power of cognitive therapy and tailoring it to individual clients. Leading authority Robert L. Leahy describes ways to help clients identify and modify problematic thoughts, core beliefs, and patterns of worry, self-criticism, and approval-seeking; evaluate personal schemas; cope with painful emotions; and take action to achieve their goals. Each technique includes vivid case examples and sample dialogues. Featuring 123 reproducible forms, the book has a large-size format for easy photocopying; purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition
*Numerous additional techniques and reproducible tools, including 48 new or revised forms.
*Chapters on decision-making problems, intrusive thoughts, and anger management issues.
*Incorporates the latest theory and research as well as cutting-edge techniques drawn from acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), behavioral activation, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), emotional schema therapy, and the metacognitive model.
*Significantly revised chapters on emotion regulation and worries.
*Filled-out examples for many of the forms.